Are you interested in joining the Nigerian Army and serving your country? If so, you’re in the right place. In this blog, we’ll provide you with all the information you need to know about the recruitment process, including eligibility requirements, how to apply, and what to expect during training.
The Nigerian Army is the largest component of the Nigerian Armed Forces, and is responsible for defending the country against external aggression and internal threats. Joining the army is a noble and honorable career choice, and one that requires a strong sense of duty, discipline, and loyalty.
If you’re ready to take the first step towards a career in the Nigerian Army, we encourage you to read on and learn more about the recruitment process.
Requirements To Join Nigerian Army
There are several requirements that you must meet in order to be eligible for recruitment into the Nigerian Army. These requirements include:
- Citizenship: You must be a Nigerian citizen to be eligible for recruitment into the Nigerian Army.
- Age: You must be between the ages of 18 and 22 years old to be eligible for recruitment.
- Educational Qualifications: You must have a minimum of 5 credits in your O’Level results, including English and Mathematics.
- Physical Fitness: You must be physically fit and meet the necessary medical and physical standards.
- Character: You must be of good character and have no criminal record.
- Height: You must be at least 1.68 meters tall for males and 1.65 meters tall for females.
How To Apply For Nigerian Army Recruitment
The Nigerian Army recruitment process typically takes place once a year, and interested individuals can apply online through the Nigerian Army website. Here’s a step-by-step guide on how to apply:
- Visit the Nigerian Army recruitment website https://recruitment.army.mil.ng/darrr and create an account.
- Fill out the online application form with your personal details, educational qualifications, and other relevant information.
- Upload a recent passport-sized photograph and any other required documents (such as your O’Level results).
- Review your application to ensure that all information is accurate and complete.
- Submit your application and pay any applicable fees.
It is important to note that the Nigerian Army recruitment process is very competitive, and only a limited number of applicants will be selected for further processing.
Once your application has been received and reviewed, you will be notified if you have been shortlisted for the next stage of the recruitment process. This typically involves an aptitude test, physical and medical examination, and an interview.
If you are successful at these stages, you will be offered a place in the Nigerian Army and will be required to attend basic training.
Nigerian Army Recruitment General Instructions
The Nigerian Army is currently recruiting new candidates for various roles. Here are the general instructions for the recruitment process:
- There will be no computer-based pre-selection test.
- All screening of potential recruits will take place in the candidates’ home state. There are no special recruitment centers or zonal screening exercises.
- Candidates are not allowed to bring electronic or recording equipment to the state recruitment exercise.
- Candidates must follow COVID-19 protocols, including hand washing, wearing a face mask, and maintaining a physical distance.
- Candidates who are found to have falsified or forged their results will be removed from the program, even if they have already begun training at Depot NA.
- Candidates should bring a printout of their BVN (Bank Verification Number) to the recruitment exercise.
- Candidates should not give any payment or incentive to anyone in exchange for help with the recruitment process.
- If you have any questions about the recruitment process, you can contact the helplines at 070812711985 and 07041467033.
- The names of shortlisted candidates will be published on the NA website. Shortlisted candidates must report to their home states for screening.
This article has shown you the requirements for joining the Nigerian Army and the step by step guide to apply. Before you apply, make sure you meet up with all the requirements to avoid being disqualified.
If you have any other questions regarding the Nigerian army recruitment form, drop them in the comment box.
What is the age limit for Nigeria Army?
Non-trades applicants must be at least 18 years old and no older than 22 years old, while trades applicants must be no older than 26 years old