The Nigerian Air Force (NAF) has begun the enlistment process of suitable qualified graduates and post-graduates as Direct Short Service (DSSC) cadets in various professions.
The Nigerian Air Force (NAF) is the air arm of the Nigerian Armed Forces and handles the protection of Nigerian airspace and the conduct of air operations. The NAF is currently recruiting individuals who meet the qualifications and requirements to join the force as officers or enlisted personnel.
In this article, we will discuss the recruitment process, eligibility criteria, and required qualifications for those interested in joining the Nigerian Air Force.
About Nigerian Air Force (NAF) Recruitment
The Nigerian Air Force (NAF) periodically recruits individuals to join in various roles, such as pilots, engineers, and support staff. The recruitment process typically involves submitting an online application, taking aptitude tests, and participating in physical and medical test.
Successful candidates will then go through training before being posted to various units within the NAF. It is advisable to check the official website of the Nigerian Air Force for information on recruitment requirements and timelines, as well as any updates or changes to the recruitment process.
Requirements for Nigerian Air Force Recruitment
To be eligible for Nigerian Air Force (NAF) recruitment, candidates must meet the following requirements:
- Must be a Nigerian citizen by birth or naturalization
- Must be between the ages of 18 and 22 for non-tradesmen/women, and 18 and 25 for tradesmen/women
- Must have a minimum of 5 credits in relevant subjects in the West African Senior School Certificate Examination (WASSCE), Senior Secondary School Certificate Examination (SSSCE), National Examination Council (NECO) or General Certificate of Education (GCE) O’Level, including English Language and Mathematics.
- Not be less than 1.63 metres or 5.3ft for females and 1.66 metres or 5.4ft for male candidates respectively.
- Must be physically and mentally fit, and pass a medical examination conducted by the NAF
- Must not have any criminal record
- Must be of good character and have no record of financial embarrassment
- Must not have been discharged or dismissed from any employment or training in any service
- Must be willing to serve anywhere in Nigeria.
How to Apply for the Nigerian Air Force Recruitment
To apply for the Nigerian Air Force recruitment, you will need to follow these steps:
- Visit the official recruitment portal via nafrecruitment.airforce.mil.ng
- Choose the Airmen/Airwomen
- Click on start application
- Read and follow the instructions carefully
- Click on start application
- Read the instructions carefully before proceeding.
- Agree to the terms and conditions by ticking the box
- Create an account with your phone number and active E-mail
- Enter the information
- Submit your application
- Note your Application Number after the registration.
After submitting your application, print out the under-listed documents:
- Acknowledgment Form.
- Attestation Form to be signed by a Military Officer or Local Government Chairman.
- Local Government Indigeneship Form.
- Parent/Guardian Consent Form.
Take note of the following points:
- All interested applicants can only submit one application. Any applicant who submits more than one application will be automatically disqualified.
- The Attestation Form must be accompanied by the passport photograph and photocopy of the signees’ Drivers Licence, International Passport or National ID Card. The signee is also to authenticate the passport photograph of the applicant.
Once successful, your name will appear on the NAF shortlist and you will be contacted via your registered e-mail address and be scheduled for the next phase of the Nigerian Air Force training exercise, leading eventually to an exciting career with the NAF.
The recruitment for the Nigerian Air Force NAF has started and it’s open to all qualified Nigerian citizens. The recruitment process typically includes an online application, aptitude test, physical and medical examination.
Interested candidates are encouraged to carefully read and follow the instructions in this article.